Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Rain




I'm sitting here hearing rain tap at my window calling me to come and play, play in the wind and the rain. I answer its call and rush outside into the storm feeling the wind gush around me. The rain as it hits the ground makes strange alien music luring me farther away from shelter. Now the full force of the storm hits, lightning flashes across the sky meeting the ground with an earthshaking thunder. I try to run for shelter but I'm fixed to the place I'm standing blinded by flashing lightning. Then the rain stops pouring an the sun comes out and strait in front of me stands a glorious rainbow whispering "God loves you Mark."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I so LOVE your descriptions here. I can just imagine what you were sensing outside in the downpour and then to find the beautiful rainbow. I agree - God was really telling you in a big loud and artistic way how much he loves you!

Risa said...

yowza! WRITE, MAN, WRITE! You're SO incredibly good!!